Mercedes 190SL restoration – test drive after.
MB 190SL W121 with younger brother MB 230SL W113.
The Mercedes-Benz 190 SL (W121) is a two-door super luxury roadster produced by Mercedes-Benz between May 1955 and February 1963. Internally referred to as W121 (BII or B2), it was first shown in prototype at the 1954 New York Auto Show, and was available with an optional removable hardtop. The 190 SL and the 300 SL were replaced by the Mercedes-Benz 230SL in 1963.
The Mercedes-Benz W 113 is a two-seat roadster/coupé, introduced at the 1963 Geneva Motor Show, and produced from 1963 through 1971. The W 113 SL was developed under the auspices of Mercedes-Benz Technical Director Fritz Nallinger, Chief Engineer Rudolf Uhlenhaut and Head of Styling Friedrich Geiger. The lead designers were Paul Bracq and Béla Barényi, who created its distinctive, patented, slightly concave hardtop, which inspired the “Pagoda” nickname.
Worldwide Porsche and Mercedes specialistwww.doctorclassic.eu